THE PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN KARLSRUHE AND PUNE
Innovation and internationalisation are the cornerstones for the current and future success of the region of Karlsruhe/Baden-Württemberg and Pune/Maharashtra. Innovative products and highly motivated employees need markets in order to be able to use and develop economic opportunities.
Karlsruhe and Pune want to jointly use the enormous market and growth potential of their regions in order to be visible internationally as “Smarter Cities”. With the opening of the marketing and cooperation office in Pune in 2014, Karlsruhe has taken up the pioneering role in Baden-Württemberg. Karlsruhe is the only city in the state with a permanent representative office in Maharashtra.
The successful cooperation should be expanded sustainably. The marketing and cooperation office in Pune is making an important contribution towards this.
Here, you shall get more information about the Economic Development Department of Karlsruhe
Fostering Indo-German Collaboration
OUR AREAS OF ACTIVITY
You want to expand into the Indian market and have specific questions?
You are interested in contacts to companies that have already taken this step?
The city of Karlsruhe has developed extensive structures and service offerings here. Both for the Karlsruhe network, the different players and also for interested Indian companies, who want to settle in Karlsruhe.
India Board Karlsruhe
The India Board of the city of Karlsruhe was set up as a follow-up to the “Karlsruhe meets Pune” tour of 2015 headed by Mayor Dr. Frank Mentrup. It is initiated and headed by Dr. Mentrup and by Michael Kaiser, Director of the Economic Development Department of Karlsruhe. With the India Board, a binding structure was created, which ensures long-term networking and exchange between the partners involved. It offers a forum to interlink the diverse India activities, connect players and to strengthen through regular exchange. The India Board now has approximately 100 members from business, science, research and culture. Regular meetings take place twice a year at Sparkasse Karlsruhe, the Premium Partner of the India Board.
Indo-German Network Karlsruhe-Pune
The Indo-German Network Karlsruhe- Pune is an informal network for the exchange about Indo-German economic and cultural topics. Core is the online platform that is set up for this purpose. It was established by the Economic Development Department of Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe Messe- und Kongress-GmbH (KMK) and Karlsruhe Institut für Technologie (KIT). Over 100 facilities and institutes of the Karlsruhe region play a part in this. The objective is to report topically about the activities, build new networks, to maintain existing networks as well as to get people and companies from the Karlsruhe region interested in Pune. More
We inform and advise
The task of the marketing and cooperation office is to inform all around the location of Karlsruhe, to establish contacts with Indian companies and to make German companies from the Karlsruhe Technology Region (TRK) known in and around Pune. Both cities have a particularly strong economic position in the fields of IT, automotive, energy and intelligent mobility. Jointly, they are dedicated to be attractive in the global location competition and be perceived internationally as “Smarter Cities”.
We organise and accompany
The marketing and cooperation office organises and accompanies delegation tours to Karlsruhe and Pune. Companies can thus form their own opinion about the other country and the possible location as well as establish contacts with important companies, associations and networks on site. In expert discussions, workshops and conferences, the participants can exchange experiences, get new impetus and develop networks.
We link and support
More and more companies from the Karlsruhe and Pune regions are increasingly looking around for international collaborations, want to position themselves and to find common starting points. No other city in India has as many branches of German companies as in Pune: with more than 350 companies, Pune is regarded as “The German Hub”. Approximately 40 Indian companies have already settled in Baden-Württemberg. The location of Karlsruhe is ‘the first choice’ for Indian investors and companies in Germany.
In 2013, a “Memorandum of Understanding” (MoU) was signed with the Chamber of Commerce in Pune. The representative office links companies of the Karlsruhe and Pune regions, which are looking for international collaborations, and actively supports their market entry.
Our service portfolio
Are you planning to invest in Karlsruhe or to establish a company or a branch?
We offer an extensive range of services:
- Information about events/news/delegations
- Organisation and execution of (expert) delegation tours
- Advice regarding and organisation of trade fair appearances
- Personal support at trade fairs and events
- Support during initiatives/programmes between Pune and Karlsruhe
- Development of strategic partnerships
- Information, advice as well as practical support during the market entry
Furthermore, you can also contact us if you want to look around or settle in Pune. We support you in
- the establishment of your company
- the search for office space
- the selection of a tax adviser/attorney
- all questions around the integration into the local everyday life and work routine
Welcome package of the city of Karlsruhe
- Personal mentoring and support during the entire settlement process
- Offers of cost-effective offices in Karlsruhe
- Opening of a local bank account
- Initiation of contact with tax specialists and advisers in the Indo-German context
- Important information about work and residence permits and visa
- Free travel within Karlsruhe’s local public transport system for three months
- Free membership of clusters/networks of the city for one year
- Joint PR measures to increase your visibility in Karlsruhe
Here you find numerous useful tips about living and working in Karlsruhe here
Our experienced contact persons of the Economic Development Department of Karlsruhe would be glad to support you as partners of the business world with extensive services in all questions around the foundation, settlement and competence networks.
OUR SPONSOR CONCEPT
THE SPONSOR CONCEPT STARTER KIT
- Your logo is placed visibly
- Your marketing material is designed and distributed at suitable occasions
- You receive the regular newsletter of the Pune office
- You get the press reports for information from Pune
- You get information about visits/events in Karlsruhe and Pune
- Inquiries are forwarded immediately and directly to you
- You are part of the “India Board” Karlsruhe
If you wish additional support from our Pune office, your are most welcome to contact our team in Pune